Here’s a quick summary to our policy, though you should read it in its entirety:
- By signing up with us, you allow us to share some of your data with other people. We are a networking site, so you should expect that we need to show your name, job, etc. to other members who are looking to connect with you.
- We may also ask for certain potentially sensitive information in order to optimize our services; like whether you're looking for a job. In such cases, we will generally mention what we plan to do with this information while you're uploading it. If we don't say anything specific, you should assume other members of the site will have access to it.
- We will delete your data even after you close your account. We generally delete closed account information within 15 days of account closure, except when we need such data to meet any legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse.
Service means the www.networkëd.co website operated by Game Change Agency LLC.
2.2 Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from such data (or from such data and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession), as further defined in Section 3.1(a) below.
2.3 Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit), as further defined in Section 3.1(b) below.
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device), as further defined in Section3.1 (d) below.
2.5 Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
2.6 Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
2.7 Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
2.8 Data Privacy & Interactions Preferences Dashboard – DP&IP Dashboard (or User)
A dashboard for users to control their Data Privacy and interactions between other users and 3rd parties such as vendors and advertisers
2.9 Location Data is defined in Section 3.1(c) below.
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect different types of information to optimise the services that we provide. However, Users have the option to manage how their Personal Data is shared with 3rd parties, vendors and advertisers.
3.1 Data provided to us by you:
- Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Data that can be used to identify you personally. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
Your Personal Data may be used to contact you with our newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may interest you. You may choose not to receive any, or all, of these communications from us by following the options on the website and the “unsubscribe” link or the instructions given in any email we send.
- Usage Data
We may also collect information sent by your browser, whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Location Data
We may use and store information about your location, if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can use your device location setting to enable or disable the location services when you use our Service at any time.
- Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier, which are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Such cookies and similar tracking technologies can be used by us to track the activity on our Service. Other tracking technologies such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service are also used by us. If you don’t want to accept such cookies, you can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Some examples of the Cookies we use are:
- Session Cookies: Used to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies: Used to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: Used for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies: Used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
- HOW WE USE YOUR DATA?
GCA uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To notify you about any changes to our Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide you with our customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information in order to improve our Service.
- To monitor the usage of our Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To use Members’ data and content for invitations and communications promoting membership and network growth.
- GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
5.1 Processing Personal Data
GCA may process your Personal Data because:
- It is necessary to do so for us to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, including without limitation for payment processing purposes
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect your Personal Data which overrides those legitimate interests,
- The processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest, and the task has a clear basis in law
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
5.2 Your rights and our obligations
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. GCA aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you: You can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification: You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to receive a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent: You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where GCA relied on your consent to process your Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- RETENTION AND TRANSFER OF DATA
6.1 Retention of Data
6.2 Transfer of Data
6.3 Account Closure
If you choose to close your account, your Personal Data will generally stop being visible to others on our Service within 15 days. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your Personal Data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse. Information you have shared with others will remain visible after you close your account or delete the information from your own profile or mailbox, and we do not control data that other Members have copied out of our Services. Groups content and ratings or review content associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services or computing devices of others (e.g., search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
- DISCLOSURES OF DATA
7.1 Business Transaction
7.2 Legal Investigation
Under certain circumstances, GCA may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
7.3 Legal Requirements/Compliance:
GCA may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of GCA
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
7.4 Others’ Services
Your choice to link your account with other services, will give us the right to make your Personal Data available to such services. Such sharing and use of that Personal Data will depend on your choice recorded through a consent screen when you opt to link the accounts. GCA will have no responsibility with respect to processing or other conduct regarding your Personal Data or other data by such third party services.
- INVOLVEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES AS SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate any part of our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9.2 Links to Other Sites
9.3 Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- CONTACT US
- By email: dmca@networkëd.co
- By phone number: +1 610-945-6433
- By mail: Game Change Agency LLC – 1105 Parson Curry Rd. Malvern, PA 19355